Tuesday 15 June 2021

Table Mat Information

We learnt about skimming and scanning.

Skimming is going through the book and looking for facts and questions through out the text. Scanning is reading a specific peice of knowledge.

We used skimming and scanning for a book called ( Killer Quakes )

We first we had to write our prior knowledge. Prior knowledge is a peice of knowledge that we already know about the book. 

Next we searched in the book to find four facts about the book. One of my facts were: Scientist use a machine called a seismograph which measures how strong a earthquake is. 

Lastly we wrote down key questions and questions I would ask. Key questions are what the author thinks in their mind. Questions that I would ask is what questions that I would think of the story.

I enjoyed learning about skimming and scanning because I learnt new facts about earthquakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.